W. Bush's Resume "Expanded"
us your additions
During my presidency the American military death toll
in Iraq surpassed those killed during 9/11.
suspected terrorists in secret prisons outside the
US, which violates all kinds of laws and
made up the connection between Saddam and the 9/11
terrorists to help sell the Iraq War when in fact
no connection ever existed.
federal judge in Detroit struck down my National Security
Agency's domestic surveillance program, calling it
unconstitutional and an illegal abuse of presidential
my administration the U.S. fell to seventh place and
is falling in the number of students who graduate
from college compared to other countries.
of my ill-conceived immoral war in Iraq, the American
invasion and occupation of Iraq has helped spawn a
new generation of Islamic radicalism and the overall
terrorist threat has grown since the Sept. 11 attacks
according to a National Intelligent Estimate prepared
by 16 agencies.
my administration the American military has not properly
tracked hundreds of thousands of weapons intended
for Iraqi security forces and has failed to provide
spare parts, maintenance personnel or even repair
manuals for most of the weapons given to the Iraqis.
the dictionary pronunciation of nuclear to nucular.
--from a viewer
President ever to have cut taxes in a time of war.
of my privileged and sheltered upbringing, I'm incapable
of making rational and responsible decisions that
will benefit the people of this country and the world.
--from viewer Mitch, Frankfort, IL
global gag order that denies women and girls in developing
countries from receiving family planning information
and assistance leading to the deaths of thousands
of women and girls. --from viewer Sharon, Woodland,
number of Americans living in severe poverty has expanded
dramatically under my administration, with nearly
16 million people now living on an individual income
of less than $5,000 a year or a family income of less
than $10,000, according to an analysis of 2005 official
census data. Poverty as a whole has worsened, too,
but the number of severe poor is growing 56 per cent
faster than the overall segment of the population
characterised as poor - about 37 million people in
all according to the census data. That represents
more than 10 per cent of the US population.
every category of violent crime has risen dramatically
since I took office in 2000 because I decreased funding
for police protection.
administration deliberately targeted US Federal attorneys
for removal based purely on politics to undermine
investigations of Republicans and/or to promote investigations
my administration income inequality grew significantly
in 2005, with the top 1 percent of Americans - those
with incomes that year of more than $348,000 - receiving
their largest share of national income since 1928.
my administration no fewer than four inspectors general,
the official watchdogs charged with investigating
improprieties in each department, are themselves under
investigation simultaneously -- an all-time record.
There has been corruption, incompetence, and contracting
or cronyism scandals in these cabinet departments:
Defense, Education, Justice, Interior, Homeland Security,
Veterans Affairs, Health and Human Services, and Housing
and Urban Development. I am not counting State, whose
deputy secretary, a champion of abstinence-based international
AIDS funding, resigned last month in a prostitution
scandal, or the General Services Administration, now
being investigated for possibly steering federal favors
to Republican Congressional candidates in 2006. Or
the Office of Management and Budget, whose chief procurement
officer was sentenced to prison in the Abramoff fallout.
America's food safety system to degenerate over the
past six years by preventing the FDA from introducing
any significant new food safety regulations except
those mandated by Congress, even when the private
sector wants them.
the 30-month prison sentence of Scooter Libby because
it was "excessive." --from viewer CJS, Bixby, OK
Ordered White House staff to defy Congress and refuse
to appear or answer questions in its investigation
of the firing of U.S. Attorneys. --from viewer
CJS, Bixby, OK
a situation by invading Iraq where al Qaeda could
be more dangerous in 2007 to our security than they
were before 9/11.
- Vetoed medical supplemental care for children whose parents do not have the wherewithal to supply it claiming it will lead to socialized medicine. --from viewer Glenn referring to Bush's veto of the SCHIP bill on 10/3/07
- First President in the United States to overrule the requirement for court orders and warrants to tap private telephone conversations of any citizen for any cause. --from a viewer
- Created more new words than any president in U.S. History. --from a viewer
- Only president to ever cut taxes during a time of war.
- While President, I hit my head on a table while falling to the floor not because I choked on a pretzel as was claimed but because I was drunk. 
- As managing partner of the Texas Rangers, I was the only person out of 28 owners to vote against the "wild card" rule allowing for playoffs - a rule that after being adoped is credited for saving baseball from the brutal strike.
- Promised to repeal Civil War doctrine of concurrent reciept for disabled veterans, which hasn't happen yet. In his term, the Walter Reed housing scandal with mold on walls where troops were housed has STILL NOT BEEN RESOLVED! --from viewer LCDR Harvey Firestone USCG(ret), Florida
- Foisted upon senior citizens and disabled people the infamous Medicare Part D, therefore rendering seniors and disabled people with Medicare ineligible for State prescription benefits. Which is what happened to me! --from viewer Kim, Absecon, NJ
- Closed off the airports so that friends and family had to drop off their loved ones in front of the terminal rather than seeing them off at the gate. This also happened to me in 2004. --from viewer Kim, Absecon, NJ
- My administration has destroyed America's trust among Middle Eastern countries as evidenced by my first official visit to this region.
- My administration made 935 deliberately false statement about Iraq and terrorism in the two years after 9/11 leading up to the war.
- I talk about supporting recovery for people with mental illness, yet I cut funding for Medicaid and SCHIP, which means mental health service providers have to make do with 'barely adequate' while I get top-notch health care. --from viewer Kim, Absecon, NJ
- I decided to pick a manipulating, atrocious, and greedy chickenhawk as my Vice President. Hey, the guy can't even shoot straight! --from viewer Kim, Absecon, NJ
- My administration was found to have lied 935 times in ginning up the case for the war in Iraq and this was part of an orchestrated effort.
- My administration has prevented inmates who have cleared their names with DNA evidence from having their cases investigated further in state courts by withholding millions of dollars set aside for this purpose.
- I ignored the fact that Walter Reed Army Hospital has major problems..but I had no problem with those veterans I sent to Iraq to fight my dirty little war having to get treatment there. --from viewer Kim, Absecon, NJ
- I vetoed a bill to make sure waterboarding - a method of torture - remained legal. --from viewer Mary
- My Justice Department broke laws in politicizing hirings and firings in the Department including rejecting Ivy Leaguers and other top law students for plum Justice Department jobs two years ago because of their liberal leanings or objections to Bush administration politics.
- I supported a wellness initiative for people with mental illness, yet I cut off funding for community mental-health programs and partial-care programs. I expects 'charity' to cover all expenses. --from viewer Kim, Absecon, NJ
- After eight years as President here are some numbers I am proud of: 47 million Americans without health insurance (up 30 percent from eight years ago). The U.S. dollar now worth roughly half of its 2001 value. More than 150 signing statements challenging over 1,100 provisions of federal law when I didn't give a flying constitutional crap for legal precedent. Oh, and yes: 4,170 dead U.S. soldiers (so far), 100,000 brain damaged and wounded, and tens of thousands of dead Iraqi civilians. 
- I degrade and make a mockery of the English language every time I open my mouth, which would have made my teachers at Andover cringe! --from viewer Kim, Absecon, NJ
- I'm proud to have quietly cut off birth control supplies to some of the world’s poorest women in Africa.
- An unscientific poll of 109 professional historians this year found that 61 percent rated me as the worst president in American history.
- Gave huge tax breaks to my rich and powerful friends, while giving the rest of America 'stimulus' checks which are a joke with how expensive everything is nowadays. --from viewer Kim, Absecon, NJ
- I deliberately backed off proposed crackdowns on no-money-down, interest-only mortgages years before the economy collapsed, buckling to pressure from some of the same banks that have now failed. I ignored remarkably prescient warnings that foretold the financial meltdown. My administration's blind eye to the impending crisis is emblematic of my governing philosophy, which trusted market forces and discounted the value of government intervention in the economy. Its belief ironically has ushered in the most massive government intervention since the 1930s.
- Wasted at least $50bn of taxpayer money meant for Iraqi reconstruction in a Ponzi scheme my administration created to do this.
- Presided over the worst year in job losses in U.S. history since 1946.
- Between January 2001 and June 2008 my administration caused three million manufacturing jobs to be lost.
- In December, ignoring proper procedure and the risk to public safety, my administration rushed through regulations allowing people to carry concealed, loaded guns in national parks and wildlife refuges. Unfortunately for me, a federal judge has blocked my last-minute mischief, giving the Obama administration a fresh chance to do the right thing and withdraw the rule.
- For eight straight years I was the poster boy for the Dumbing Down of America Coalition. --from viewer Michael Smith, Dallas, TX
- I fooled everybody into thinking that I'm a Texan even though I was born in Connecticut. You gotta admit that I can sure talk the walk...uh, I mean I sure can walk the talk..is that it? Aw hell, I give up! My head hurts! I think I need to lay down and take a nap. Maybe when I wake up my daddy will have made me the president again.
- I bear direct responsibility for the BP Deepwater Horizon blowout and oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010 because the Minerals Management Service, the arm of the Interior Department that oversees drilling in the gulf, minimized the environmental risks of drilling during my administration. It exempted many offshore drillers from the requirement that they file plans to deal with major oil spills. And it didn't require a backup shutdown system that is standard in much of the rest of the world, even though its own staff declared such a system necessary.
- I halted potentially life-saving stem cell research using discarded human embryos, putting the USA behind in this highly important area of medical advancement. --from Edwin A. Bowman M.D. in Freeport, FL
- I talked plenty about a `WELLNESS INITIATIVE` but I refused to put any funding behind it, making people with mental illness have to `jump through hoops` to get the help they need. --from Kim K, Pleasantville, NJ
deaths in Iraq, war on terror surpass 9/11 toll",
September 6, 2006.
Admits, Defends Secret CIA Prisons," WNBC,
September 10, 2006.
finds no al-Qaida-Saddam link," Yahoo
News , September 9, 2006.
spying ruled illegal", Baltimore
Sun, August 18, 2006.
graduating from college," by Paul Basken, Bloomberg
News, appearing in Detroit Free Press, Sept. 8, 2006.
Agencies Say Iraq War Worsens Terror Threat," by
MARK MAZZETTI, New
York Times, Sept. 24, 2007.
Is Said to Fail in Tracking Arms Shipped to Iraqis,"
by James Glantz, New
York Times, October 30, 2006.
Gap in US Has Widened under Bush, The
crimes up in big cities, Officer.com.
Gap Is Widening, Data Shows," by David Cay Johnson,
York Times, March 29, 2007.
to G.O.P.: The Gipper Is Dead", By FRANK RICH,
York Times, May 13, 2007
of Eating", by Paul Krugman, New
York Times, May 21, 2007
works to plant U.S. operatives", Yahoo
News, July 13, 2007
- "Bush veto for child health bill", BBC News, October 3, 2007
- "The Abominable No-Man and Mr. 9/11", Graydon Carter, Vanity Fair, January 2008, p. 28.
- "The Abominable No-Man and Mr. 9/11", Graydon Carter, Vanity Fair, January 2008, p. 28.
- "Bush Faces a Wall of Arab Ire", Wall Street Journal, by Farnaz Fassihi, January 11, 2008, A4
- "Study: False statements preceded war", Yahoo News, DOUGLASS K. DANIEL, Associated Press Writer, January 23, 2008
- "Grants to help inmates clear their names unspent," by LAURIE KELLMAN, Detroit Free Press, January 24, 2008
- Justice Department Looked For Liberal "Buzz Words" On Resumes, June 26, 2008, huffingtonpost.com
- "700 billion fluffy nothings Staggering bailouts? Body counts? Global warming stats? They're just numbers, silly", By Mark Morford, SF Gate, September 24, 2008
- "Can This Be Pro-Life?", by NIckolas D. Kristof, The New York Times, October 8, 2008
- "Rejoin the World", by Nikolas Kristop, The New Yori Times, November 1, 2008.
- "AP IMPACT: US diluted loan rules before crash", By MATT APUZZO, AP story appearing on google news, 12/1.08.
- "Eight Years of Madoffs", by Frank Rich, The New York Times, January 11, 2009
- "U.S. Job Losses in Dec. Could Be Worst in 60 Years", Fox News, January 8, 2009
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- 'Astoundingly Flawed', New York Times Editorial, April 2, 2009
- "Sex & Drugs & the Spill". by Paul Krugman, New York Times, May 9, 2010